The St. John’s Episcopal Church community has been a long-time supporter of Middlesex Habitat for Humanity (MHFH), and you can read about our partnership here. MHFH will be hosting an opportunity to military and military families on Monday, October 5th, between 6 – 8 PM. The meeting will be held in-person at the Cromwell ReStore, located on 34 Shunpike Rd, Cromwell, CT 06416. Below you will find a list of requirements for eligibility to apply for the application.
Middlesex Habitat for Humanity Invites All Interested Military Individuals/Families to Attend an Application Information Meeting for a Habitat for Humanity Home in Middlefield, CT
Monday, October 5, 2020 | 6 – 8 PMCromwell ReStore34 Shunpike Road | Cromwell, CT
The purpose of the meeting is to provide information about the Habitat for Humanity application process for homeownership. At this time, Middlesex Habitat will be distributing applications for the Military Build program.
The basic requirements to obtain a Military Build – Habitat for Humanity Home are the following:
- Must be a U.S. veteran or military service member (and their family)
- Must have a DD Form 214 or current Military ID
- Must have a need for simple, decent housing
- Must meet the income requirements for a house
- Must be able to pay a low-interest mortgage for the Habitat house
- Must be willing to partner with Habitat in building the house
Any eligible military individual/family interested is highly encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Precautions – Everyone’s health is a priority to us
- Please RSVP if you plan on attending
- Children should not attend
- Please do not attend this event if you are ill, have or had a fever in the past 72 hours, or have traveled outside the state of CT in the past 14 days
- All staff and volunteers will be wearing a mask
- All attendees must wear a mask
- Hand Sanitizer will be available
- Attendees will be spaced for adequate social distancing
- Application packets will be available for contactless pickup
- Information shared at the meeting will be available online
For more information or to indicate who will be attending, individuals/families should call the Middlesex Habitat office 860.398.6483 or email Maria Lopez.